Did you know that April is Dallas Arts Month? 🎵🎨🎬🎭💃📝 Join ONS as we share ways you can help advocate for the arts in our city, & celebrate the fantastic art our community has to offer all month long! Visit the official Dallas Arts Month website here for more information, including arts & culture event listings around the city, then join us at the Latino Cultural Center on Tuesday, April 17 for ARTS ADVOCACY DAY! 🎉
We are continuing the celebration with our Home & Garden Concert and our second Staff Feature below!
HOME & GARDEN CONCERT
Thursday, May 10 6:30 pm
Home of Marsha & Michael Halloran
Join ONS for this special event as the Hallorans graciously welcome us into their new Preston Hollow home for an intimate evening of wine, tapas, and Modern music with Trio Kavanah!
Our Home & Garden concerts are intimate evenings of wine, tapas, exquisite ambiance & delightful company. And all that’s before the music!
Wine, Tapas, & Valet Parking $60
Don’t wait – limited single tickets available now!
Buy your tickets online here or call our office at (214) 750-1492
ORCHESTRA OF NEW SPAIN STAFF FEATURE
MEET FREYA BERGREN,
MARKETING DIRECTOR & EDUCATION COORDINATOR
- Tell us a little about yourself: I lived much of my adult life in Europe, based in Rome where I worked with Human Rights organizations and was involved in diplomatic circles, then in Madrid for many years working as a fitness director and also co-director of the Canadian Club/Cercle Canadien of Madrid. Always a culture vulture, I took advantage of the rich musical and arts offerings in these two cities, as well as traveling extensively in Italy, Spain and Portugal. I met Grover in Madrid during his research and performance time there and we subsequently got married and established ourselves in Dallas in 2008. Since then I completed a post graduate certificate in Gerontology, and started helping with the orchestra as a volunteer.
- How long have you been with ONS: Since 2012 as part-time Marketing & Hosting Director. I started with arranging in-school mini concerts and moved into running out in-school lessons program about 4 years ago.
- What do you enjoy most about your work with ONS: The variety, helping with translations and liaising with Italian and Spanish are and music sources, helping with research, co-hosting salon concerts, designing our posters with artist Michele Ward.
- What has been your favorite ONS concert, memory, or experience: Some concerts stand out such as the beautiful operatic concert at the nefariously named Lee Park, the Iphigenia opera performed to perfection in Albuquerque, the trips we made with the whole orchestra to the hinterland of Bolivia, and the trip to the Cervantino Festival in Mexico, and the delightful Convivencia concert in Spring of 2017.
- Favorite pieces and/or composers: I love great arias from the opera Semiramide, Norma, Tosca, and La Wally. I could listen to Callas forever. I also love Verdi’s Requiem and the whole range of flamenco music.